Sunday, July 24, 2011

wordle

I've known about wordle for a while because our school librarian showed the staff how to use it but for me it was the idea of using technology just to use technology and nothing really stayed with me about it.
I realize now that I can use wordle in my classroom for both science and reading literacy. In first grade, I teach basic sight words and we have a weekly word list. How much fun would it be to use wordle instead of old school pencil and paper to take the weekly list home?
Also in science, there are scientific words that I supply the students with throughout the inquiry process. Wordle would be a cool way to help my students cement their vocabulary.
So, here is my challenge using some of the new (and old) web tools:
Can I use wordle, take a picture of it with jing and upload the graphic to my blog?
WHOA NELLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment