Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tool tool, pick a tool!

This has been a busy week for me. My daughter got married yesterday so I found myself reviewing blogs and discussions. It was really cool though because I had to laugh about some of my posts about never using blogs and wikis in my room. Now one of the things I am most looking forward to is using a video blog in my room. Never say never.

I took a look at jing because I’ve always wondered how people take screen shots. I believe this will be a powerful tool in helping me get my students rolling. I may even change my final project in to a PowerPoint about logging on and navigating the web. Even though I use my computer and projector to teach my students basic computer skills, by using jing, I can actually give my students a hand out or even cards on a ring. They could keep these cards in their desk and refer to them as long as they need too.

I could use this tool to eliminate the need for me to go over each step infinity number of times.

The collaboration portion of this class has been especially helpful. My fellow students have fantastic ideas and they keep me excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment